We participated in “Shopping for Truth” at Trader Joe’s yesterday in Portland, ME with The Conscious Caravan and our family and kids in tow. We didn’t dress up in hazmat suits, nor did we bring caution tape, but we were on an Educational Mission to ask them to verify their Non-GMO claim on their Trader Joe’s brand. I started off telling the kids we were going on a treasure hunt to find foods that were safe to eat, and to look for either Non-GMO Project Verified, or USDA Certified Organic. They could all pick out a snack and then we would find out what was safe and what was not. Simple enough, right? Educating our next generation on what is in our foods. They gravitated to the fruit at first, and we sorted over mostly conventionally grown produce, only to realize there was only one lone island with Organics, limited selection indeed. Then, they went for the dried fruit and granola and crackers. Normal everyday healthy fare for kids, right? So it seemed.
This is a Call to Action for a
Non-Hierarchical Occupation of Monsanto Everywhere
Whether you like it or not, chances are Monsanto contaminated the food you ate today with chemicals and unlabeled GMOs. Monsanto controls much of the world's food supply at the expense of food democracy worldwide. This site is dedicated to empowering citizens of the world to take action against Monsanto & it's enablers like the FDA, USDA, EPA, GMA, BIO, and the processed food companies that use Monsanto's products.
G.C.U. deployed outside of Expo West
The G.C.U. at Expo West was formally been denied access to show.
Help your Genetic Crime Unit assess genetic contamination in grocery stores, cafeterias, restaurants, homes, offices, schools, and nearby Monsanto facilities by filling out the G.C.U. Incident Report.
- Ask person what their last meal was. Fill out section “Description of Incident” based on their response.
- Collect the person’s name. Tag the person if tags are available.
- Obtain person’s e-mail address for future G.C.U. contact
- Circle the person’s last meal based on the information provided in the “Description of the Incident”
- Based on the likely level of genetic contamination, circle the appropriate number (10 is high levels of genetic contamination & 0 is no genetic contamination)
- Based on the above information, fill out the Risk Level (4 is highest risk & 0 is no risk) of Health (H), Environment (E), Food Democracy (F), and Contamination (C).
- Submit all Genetic Crimes field work to email@example.com and/or tweet at @GMO917 #occupymonsanto