Whether you like it or not, chances are Monsanto contaminated the food you ate today with chemicals and unlabeled GMOs. Monsanto controls much of the world's food supply at the expense of food democracy worldwide. This site is dedicated to empowering citizens of the world to take action against Monsanto & it's enablers like the FDA, USDA, EPA, GMA, BIO, and the processed food companies that use Monsanto's products.
Posted: June 20th, 2014 | Filed under: Genetic Crimes | Tags: arrest, California, Demonstration, Direct Action, Genetic Crimes, gmo, GMO Labeling, Occupy Monsanto, Oxnard, Protest |
Back on September 12, 2012, Occupy Monsanto activists conducted a bold direct action on Monsanto’s Oxnard, California facility. Nine activists shut down California’s largest GMO seed distribution facility for a full day and were ultimately arrested. You can watch the inspiring video of the action here:
Fast forward a year and a half, the city of Oxnard, California is figuratively throwing the book at these intrepid activists and charging them with over $8,300 in restitution & fines! This means they are being forced to pay Monsanto & the city of Oxnard or they’ll be arrested & forced to go jail! We can’t let this happen!
This direct action made international news and helped inspire countless activists to begin their crusade against the evils of the Monsanto Corporation. Now these courageous activists need your help. Please donate as much as you can to help keep them out of jail.
Photo taken on the evening of September 12, 2012 after the Occupy Monsanto activists were released from jail:
Posted: April 24th, 2014 | Filed under: Events | Tags: #OpMonsanto, Activism, birth defects, Boycott, cancer, civil disobedience, Congress, Demonstration, EPA, FDA, Global Day of Action, gmo, GMO Labeling, GMO Seeds, infertility, March, March Against Monsanto, Monsanto, Monsanto Protection Act, Notes, organic, Organize, Protest, Tumors, USDA |
On Saturday, May 24, 2014, March Against Monsanto in your community! Below is a spreadsheet export made on May 21, 2014 that lists all of the upcoming marches with Facebook Event invites. For the latest spreadsheet of planned marches, check out the official listing on the March Against Monsanto website.
SOURCE: March Against Monsanto — May 21, 2014
Posted: April 8th, 2014 | Filed under: Events, Video | Tags: Divest, Divestment, Fidelity, gmo, GMO Labeling, Monsanto, Protest, Sell, Shareholder Action, State Street, Stock, Vanguard |
Sign the Food Democracy Now! petition
Music by Caught A Ghost
March on Fidelity, Vanguard & State Street – May 9th at 3PM
Here are three ways to boycott the mutual funds that own Monsanto
1. Close your account.
2. Tell your advisor to sell your funds that own Monsanto stock and hold your money in either a money market or as cash.
3. Tell your advisor to sell your funds that own Monsanto stock and opt for funds that do not invest in Monsanto.
If your company has a 401K plan that you cannot opt out of, call your advisor and tell them you will only invest in funds without Monsanto.
Source: Organic Spies
Posted: November 14th, 2013 | Filed under: Events | Tags: Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Demonstration, FDA, Food and Drug Administration, Food labels, gmo, GMO Labeling, Michael Taylor, Projection, Protest, Vigil |
From sunset Friday, January 10 until at least 2am, January 11, 2014, safe food activists will be holding a nighttime vigil outside of the FDA’s Center For Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (5100 Paint Branch Pkwy College Park, MD 20740
) to demand the FDA require mandatory labels for foods containing genetically engineered ingredients. Throughout the evening activists will be projecting crowdsourced food labels, photos, and videos submitted by concerned citizens from around the world on to the side of the FDA building.
WHAT TO BRING
This demonstration will be taking place at night in the middle of the winter and we anticipate COLD weather. Organizers will bring outdoor heaters and some blankets, but it is advised to bring hand & toe warmers, a warm winter jacket, wool socks, long underwear, blankets, folding chairs, flashlights, a tent & sleeping bag (if you plan on staying overnight), thermos of coffee or tea, signs, and the desire to get the FDA to require mandatory labels.
GETTING TO THE FDA
The FDA’s Center For Food Safety and Applied Nutrition is located at 5100 Paint Branch Pkwy College Park, MD 20740. The building is conveniently located across the street from the College Park Metro Station on the Green Line. We recommend using a SmarTrip card (available for purchase at any station, except Dulles & BWI airports) to bypass the $1 surcharge on paper tickets.
- If coming by car, there is street parking available near the building as well as a parking garage at the College Park Metro Station ($4.50 per day, credit card only)
- If coming by Bus or Train, take the Red Line from Union Station in the direction of Shady Grove to the Gallery Place Station, change trains to the Green Line (on the lower level) in the direction of Greenbelt, and get off at the College Park Station.
- If flying into Reagan National Airport, take the Yellow Line train in the direction of Fort Totten to the Gallery Place Station, change trains to the Green Line (on the lower level) in the direction of Greenbelt, and get off at the College Park Station.
- If flying into Dulles International Airport, take 5A Bus ($6 exact fare – pickup located at Curb 2E) to the L’Enfant Metro Station, take the Green Line in the direction of Greenbelt, and get off at the College Park Station.
- If flying into BWI Airport, take the B30 Bus ($6 exact fare – pickups located at Concorse A and E. Follow the signs that say “Public Transit”) to the Greenbelt Metro Station, take the Metro one stop and get off at the College Park Station.
The Washington Metro runs until around 2am and restarts at 7am on Saturday morning.
We know that it may be difficult for many of you to attend in person, but you can still participate by submitting your photos, videos, and mock gmo food labels (upload form below). If you can’t attend in person, please select “Maybe” on the Facebook event page and invite all your friends. If you can come, please select “Going” and invite your friends!
Some questions to ponder:
- What does GMO labeling mean to you? What would a GMO label look like?
- How would you like to label the FDA? Do you have video of your March Against Monsanto you’d like to share?
- Do you have photos from your city’s March Against Monsanto you think would look nice projected on to the building?
Think it over!
In order to prepare the multimedia for projection on Friday, January 10, the window to upload graphics ended on Wednesday, January 8. THANK YOU to everyone who contributed!
Check out the Photos & Videos from our last visit to the FDA’s Center For Food Safety and Applied Nutrition last April!